Twitter and Beyond with Twylah
Online businesses and brands know that Twitter is a great way to market their companies and their products. One of the best feelings a business owner can have is seeing a tweet that ends up on a Google Alert. There are some changes being made in the way that the Google Realtime Search posts tweets but they will be on other search engines. For the most part, once you have tweeted something, it is lost in the cyber world never to be heard from again.
Twitter is fast and while it is impactful in its own way, it could be so much more so were it not flittering by so very, very quickly!
One of the most widely asked questions is whether or not a tweet would ever be able to have the same impact as SEO content. Now there is a new tool that just might make that possible. I’ve been testing it in the beta but I am still amazed at all that this tool can do. I’m seeing great results and they are adding and improving on a regular basis.
I’m talking about Twylah.
Twylah is a tool that boosts Twitter marketing and Twitter brand pages for companies, small businesses, nonprofits, and celebrities.
Own Your Tweets!
Twylah brings your brand message into focus, extends the life of your tweets, and helps you get discovered beyond Twitter. You can get a custom brand page and even connect it to your domain like I did at: http://tweets.writerlisamason.com/
As you can see from the screenshot, your branded page highlights your Twitter feed in an interesting, graphical fashion. It brings together text and multimedia like never before and highlights your trending (most popular) tweets and content.
So let’s explore it a bit further…
What Exactly is Twylah?
Basically Twylah allows you to level out your Twitter account and posts in one location that is easily accessible. Companies spend so much time, energy and effort on their Twitter campaigns and it is discouraging when there are no monetary increases to justify it. Twylah takes those efforts and turns them into a marketing strategy that actually works in the Internet world.
I’ve been on Twitter for many years now and I have a large following. As an entrepreneur, Twitter has worked for my business in a variety of ways. But now that I am using Twylah, I have seen a recognizable increase in my Twitter efforts. To get the full potential of Twylah, you need to know how to maneuver the different functions.
Take Your Tweets Beyond Twitter
There are many ways to customize your Twylah account and there are several things that it can do for you. For example:
- One of the things that Twylah does is organize your tweets so you and anybody who wants to see your activity can find the information quicker. All your posts on a certain topic or hashtag are listed on one page and other products on other pages and so on.
- Even the content that is linked to the tweet such as pictures and videos are displayed. Multimedia is literally at your fingertips and displayed in a newspaper style format for easy viewing.
- Potential customers with questions or anyone who wants to chat about the tweet can use the Retweet button. It’s not just a stand-alone page; it’s interactive.
- You can see the tweets that are trending the most. No what content is a hit and how to try to get another one.
- Twylah also promotes the user by linking back to homepages and blogs along with all the social media sites.
Even though tweets are short-lived on Twitter, with Twyla they are timeless. For example, an old tweet can be found on Twylah, liked and shared to Facebook, thus driving new traffic to the site’s homepage. You can easily see how this can convert to increased traffic and profits.
The Benefits of Twylah
Let’s recap those benefits of Twylah:
- Make Money Through Your Tweets – Click through ratings actually increase for clients who tweet and use Twylah as a follow up. Even if the clicks start off slowly, over time they can increase many percentage points which adds up to more money for your business.
- Give Your Tweets New Life – As has been discussed, tweets do not have a long life so Twylah turns them into a newsletter-style format that can be seen on another page at any time. Your tweets don’t get lost.
- Power Tweets – This is one of the coolest features of Twylah right now and allows others to see your tweets much longer than if they were left to Twitter alone. The Power Tweet allows you to send a tweet directly from your browser without opening up Twitter.
- It is All About the SEO – One of the best aspects of Twylah is the SEO benefits it offers every company. There is indexing on Twylah by Google that count in the search engine optimization that is not offered through tweets alone. You must add your Twylah account to your homepage before this miracle happens. When you run a search, the Twylah page is counted in the Google return making your homepage rank higher in the listings. I’ve tested it with my site and it works.
Your Tweets- Organized
One thing that I really like about Twylah is that it organizes my most popular tweets based on category/topic. For example, I post often about “content marketing”. Here is a snippet of my Twylah page on content marketing:
Widget Box for Your Website
So maybe you’re thinking “that looks nice but who would ever see it?” and that would be a great question. Thanks to Twylah’s widget box for your website, you can show your currently trending topics with images to anyone who visits your website.
It will update regularly to keep your freshest content right in the trending box for all to see.
Who’s On Twylah Now?
There are some big name brand and celebrities already using Twylah such as:
- Bon Jovi
- Britney Spears
- Buffer App
- Lady Gaga
- Rascal Flatts
- Kelly Kim (Twylah’s co-founder)
- And more!
Will you be next?
I truly feel like Twylah is an undiscovered gem in the rough and once it goes public, people far and wide will be scrambling to get it and use it for themselves. Businesses have a huge boost to their Twitter marketing with this interesting and unique tool.
Want to try it out for yourself? Request an invite today.
I've heard about Twylah for some time and after reading your post I "get it" and I'll be heading over to get it.
I have a Twhlah account and find it interesting. I am not a marketer - I will use twylah in a similar fashion as Facebook.
I've been impressed with Twylah so far. I haven't put a lot of time into it, yet it is quietly compiling a strong page. Thanks for the tips re how to promote.
This tool definitely looks like it would benefit Twitter users. I especially like the way that tweets can be categorized.
Thank you! I have had a Twylah account for about 2 months now and have had no idea how to actually take advantage of it, this is very helpful! Your posts always are though...marry me and take over my social media? ;)
Lisa... thank you so much for the info... I am always trying to improve what I am doing with my site... looking forward to maybe making money with it soon. Blessings.
Thanks for the information. Twitter frustrates me so much -- maybe because I have never been able to say anything in so few words. But Twylah looks like a great business tool.